As part of my plan to improve my eating and lose my belly fat, I’ve started eating Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats for breakfast daily. It’s the kind of thing that prepared properly you will really love. In our case, we find a small pat of butter, some brown sugar and cinnamon really do the trick.
As you can see, steel cut oats is also known as Irish oats or pinhead oats. The texture is unusual, but good, and can be modified by playing with the post boil simmer time. It’s recommended you simmer for 15 to 20 minutes after bringing the oats and the water to a boil.
Recipe: Steel Cut Oats with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon
Summary: A delightful high fiber breakfast with flavor
- Steel Cut Oats
- Brown Sugar
- Bring appropriate amount of water to a boil. Approximately 3/4ths of a cup per serving.
- Add in 1/4 cup steel cut oats per serving.
- Simmer steel cut oats for 15 to 20 minutes to desired texture.
- Dish out steel cut oats through a slotted spoon to drain excess water.
- Add 1 pat butter (to taste) in each bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon in each bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar per bowl.
- Serve hot.
Preparation time: 2 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Copyright © EclecticFoodie.com.
Recipe by by Eclectic Foodie.
Microformatting by hRecipe.